Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Gazebo For Me!



Last fall in Texas I bought one of Brian's creations, of The Seed Box! After we took it apart to load it in the truck, I didn't think I would ever see it erected again! lol! We create several truck loads of furniture every year, but I rarely get anything done for myself! And there was the issue of what we were gonna set the structure on. We talk about putting in on the ground with some mulch, but that just didn't seem like a good idea.


Well, when we were cleaning up a couple of weeks ago we came across this metal frame! Luck would have it that it was the right width for the gazebo, just a little longer. I said no problem, we will move the structure to to the back of the frame and it will create a little front porch!

   
 So Craig went right to work adding the proper support to the frame. Then we couldn't decide what kind of decking to put on. We discussed wood, then a sheet of metal got brought into the conversation! We both decided that metal would be cool!


I love the metal decking! Looks like it belongs with the frame!


This is the part that Brian made, to include 4 post and a top.


Loved the way it looked on the deck! Couldn't hardly wait to get it all put together!


The top is a part of a chicken brooder. Hope I spelled that right! We don't have those here in Kentucky, but he always makes cool things out of chicken brooder tops.


Yeah! The gazebo has a top! As I was holding a piece of plywood up to keep the wind off of Craig while he welded, I could vision a shelf on the back. So away we went to look for some brackets! 


I knew I better get these welded on right here and now, cause when that welder went back in the shop I would never get him to add the shelf!


Found some!
 Now we need a piece of barn wood!


YES! Found it! Love it!


Oh yes, we definitely need a rug!
Just so happens I bought one with the structure!
Yes, it's metal to!
I will be sealing for floor after it gets a little more rust on it!


Lets add a couple chairs.


Some more junk, oh I mean art!


Some pitiful flowers! Sorry that's all I had!
Got lots of junk, but not much in the way of flowers! Yet!


And there you have it! I'm gonna add some burlap panels in each corner, but I didn't have any! I will be tweaking things as I go along. Most of the time when I look at something for a couple of days, good thoughts come to me about what would make that space better!

Hope you like the collaboration of Brian's and Craig's work!
I love it!

I'm linking up to Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday!


42 comments:

Sandi said...

Neat piece Theresa!! Love what you and everyone else did with it too!!
Blessings~

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Fabulous! I love the idea of the burlap panels...a few more flowers and a soft pillow and voila! You are all so creative...just love this one of a kind gazebo! It's a winner! :)

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Theresa, it's beautiful!!! What a wonderful place to sit and relax. Burlap is going to look fabulous. Have a great weekend:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Love Brian's creation and Craig's creativity and your's of course!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Theresa! This is so-o-o cute!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Well now, isn't that something?

I think I like it! Not your average gazebo is it? But quite fanciful... when you put it all together. Love the shelf.. I think that is the perfect spot for a nice cool glass of iced tea! It is missing one thing... a rusty little something to prop my feet upon!... love this!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Theresa, how cool is this. wow, you put those two metal geniuses together and they can come up with some fabulous ideas. LOVE it!!! thanks for sharing the fun! xoxo Debra

Unknown said...

Theresa, I love it! That chicken roof is awesome...never heard of it but I like it.
Great job guys!
I see magazines and some wine or tea.
Enjoy!
xoxo~SueBee

trash talk said...

Amazing what a bunch of heavy metalheads can come up with!
Deb

The Green Pea said...

T, it is lovely. I hope you both get a chance to sit and rest and maybe have something cool to drink!

I know what you mean about getting the brackets on right now! sandi

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I do like your gazebo! The storms that we have had thru here recently, I am not sure one would survive here. :(

Sylvia said...

Ohhh that is really nice, what a great job!!!!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Wow...I LOVE it! You can load it in a trailer and deliver it to my house in Keller any time you like. Wonderful piece...Enjoy it.
Denis

Prior said...

How darling! I love the shelf, great touch!
Lezlee

oldgreymare said...

Here's a HOOT and a WOOT and an Amen.
It is divinely metalicious..

xx
z

Cheryl said...

Theresa, That is awesome! I love it! I have an idea... wouldn't it be cool to add an architectural finial or maybe a weathervane on the very top ?? Burlap is going to look very inviting! Great Job!

Comeca Jones said...

I love it its perfect!

Lululiz said...

I'd say that was a successful collaboration. It looks great!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Theresa, how awesome is your gazebo?!! Just brilliant and SO original - love it!

Unknown said...

Teresa, this is way to cool thinking out of the box.. I love it have a great weekend

Pattie

Jill said...

You and Craig always create the "coolest"! ... would like to see a pic of the two of you sitting in your new space!

xo
Jill

NanaDiana said...

Well, it that isn't just the coolest thing I have ever seen. I think you should trailer it around behind your trailer and set it up everyplace you go! That should make quite a picture going down the highway---all you need to do is have the hubster weld on some wheels- just a thought-;>) Diana

A Wild Thing said...

I love it when Craigsmith comes to play in my yard too...and when Sister Tot shares treasures...LOVE you guys!!!

LOVE my new curtains!!!!
s

Rebecca said...

Sooooo Coooool!
You are so lucky to have a hubby that is so talented and the two of you together are fabulous.
Love the gazebo!
Blessings
Rebecca

countrycharisma said...

How clever! Love the barnwood shelf added, and the burlap idea too! How about a clematis vine on one corner? How do you seal the rust? All very nice and welcoming.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...how clever...I love it!!

Ido said...

That gazebo is gorgeous, can't wait for the pictures of the burlap panels. Have a lovely weekend!
XXX Ido

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

That, my dear, is FABULOUS!

blessings said...

TOT, that is so cool!! It's the perfect size. I love it.

Hope you and Craig are doing well. I never get around to visiting everyone like I want to but I think of you often.

Blessings... Polly

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Yay for you! Looks great :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Anonymous said...

All four of you are very talented! I love it.

One Shabby Old House said...

How awesome is that. I know you are going to enjoy it to the fullest. Love the idea of burlap and the shelf is awesome. What a great pair you make. I love the metal. I would love to get my hands on some. I haven't got a clue where to look. I keep seeing such great table tops being made. And now your cool deck.
Hugs

becky

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Lovely little spot. Can't wait to see the burlap panels!

Faded Charm said...

Too cool!!!! Everyone needs one of these beauties. I think it would make a great bar area if you had a pool with the added shelf on the end. So many possibilities:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Who would have thought all of that could come together to make such a nice little place to relax. With the burlap panels it will surely be a lovely retreat. Fabulous! Best wishes, Tammy

Sweet Young Journey said...

Love love your gazebo!
Your lucky your husband is such a handyman!
Can't wait to see what else you do!
hugs, Cheryl

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh I adore your little gazebo...and a front porch too - lucky y-o-u!

Jan

Rhonda said...

You are the wisest crafter I know!!!]
The gazebo is cute anyway, but you just dressed him right on up 'til he was just right! Love the shelf - love the rug!
Rhonda

jacklynn4 said...

Amazing! That is spectacular t, spectacular!!!!!!!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Theresa it's GORGEOUS....This is RECYCLING at it's BEST....KUDOS to yourself, Craig & Brian....A BRILLIANT collaborative effort....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

the old white house said...

I just love this! I can't wait to see it with the burlap panels and all of your creative touches! The stone orbs and the urns are a great start! What a unique gazebo... you will be the envy of all of your neighbors :) t. xoxooxox

Anonymous said...

what a great gazebo, however what I really like is all of that yard !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...