Saturday, June 26, 2010

Is This A Tornado?

We were sitting out on the porch the other night at dusk, the wind got pretty fierce and some dark clouds moved  across the sky really fast! Suddenly I seen what appears to be the beginning of a funnel cloud! I was so excited! Your are gonna think I am crazy, but it's always been my dream to see a tornado! I have always been very fascinated with the weather and storms since I was a child. This little tail cloud moved up toward the cloud and it was gone in a flash! No tornado's tonight!

Believe me I'm seen first hand what one of these storms can do, I helped clean up the after math of a friends house that what completely destroyed! But I am still fascinated! The shear force of nature is completely spell binding!


Theresa

7 comments:

June said...

Oh that looks like a tornado in the making doesn't it? I love a good storm too Theresa. When I was a child, I loved to sit in my second story window and watch the lightening storms. I still love a good boomer. I love to see the lightening streak to the ground. Hubs thinks I'm a little nuts. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only nut.
hugs

Debra@CommonGround said...

Gorgeous photo, kinda scary though!
I guess your area is prone to them too, none for me thanks, we've been too close. Had one here a couple of years ago land a tree right next ot the house. I don't think I've ever been that frightened! What an adrenaline rush. Stay safe.
xo,
Debra

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh,,looks like it has potential. golly

Lauri Evans said...

Well you must have been thrilled-to-death last fall in Texas when we almost got blown away!!!! Lets hope that doesn't happen this year. Tornados not a good thing!!!!! lauri

Rhondamum said...

I used to live in Texas and had some scary experiences as a kid. I seem to have tornado dreams all of the time. I would love to do the storm chasing thing once, if I knew I would survive, lol. I love storms! Rhonda...

countrycharisma said...

Looks "tornadoish" to me! Hope you have a great show at Brimfield.

Karen said...

I am the wrong one to ask. I LOVE storms, but tornados . . . NOPE! I, too, would love to see one - out in the middle of the wide open desert where it really can't hurt anything but scrub brush!
I'm wondering if you ever found out if it really was one.
:) Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...